How do I register for classes?
You may register for classes online and pay using credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) or Stripe, or you may call the Center and someone can register you over the phone – 423-486-1279. Many of our programs fill up and so you are strongly urged to pre-register and pay for workshops, to guarantee your spot! Our daily mindfulness practice programs do not require pre-registration. For these programs, members attend for FREE. Non-members may pay by cash, check, credit card at the Center before a class. Please arrive early to allow sufficient time to sign in at the front desk at the Center.
What is your refund policy?
You may cancel any program or workshop registration up to 5 days in advance of the start of the first class with no penalty. If cancellation is less than 5 days in advance, NO refunds are provided.
Can my children come to classes at the Center for Mindful Living?
All are welcome at the Center for Mindful Living. However, because of the nature of our programs and the need for a quiet atmosphere, The Center for Mindful Living has developed the following guidelines:
- Individuals age 16 and over may attend any of our programs.
- Children under the age of 16 may attend our “child-appropriate” programs. For all programs, the Center for Mindful Living will post whether a class or program is: (1) child-friendly or open to children, (2) open to children with prior consultation with and approval from the instructor, or (3) not open to children below a specified age.
- When children attend a class or program at the Center for Mindful Living, parents or guardians should be aware that movement or noise created by children can be disruptive to other program participants. If a child’s behavior is disruptive, parents and guardians are asked to quietly exit the program space with their child(ren).
- If a program instructor believes that a child’s behavior is disruptive, the instructor may ask the parent/guardian and child to leave the program space.
- All children attending a program are charged the published registration fee. Adults who have purchased a Family Membership at the Center for Mindful Living may bring their children to “mindfulness practice programs” at no charge.
- We regret that NO refunds of class registration fees are available if a child’s behavior is disruptive and the parent/guardian and child must leave a program.
- Due to liability issues, children under the age of 16 must be under the supervision of a parent or guardian and cannot be left unattended in any room or space at the Center for Mindful Living while a parent/guardian is attending a program or class.
What about class cancellations?
As you know, life happens and there is much we can’t control, so the Center for Mindful Living reserves the right to cancel any program. Registrants will be notified by phone at least 24 hours prior to the event. A full refund will be issued via the credit card originally charged, or by check in the case of a cash or check payment.
Can I rent space for an event at the Center for Mindful Living?
Community groups and nonprofit organizations that build cooperation and support for people in our area are invited to rent the Education Studio at the Center for Mindful Living for events and meetings. The rental rate is $25 per hour. Projector rental is available for an additional $20.
Can I teach a class at the Center for Mindful Living?
Instructors in mindful practices are invited to submit a program application for consideration by our program committee. Call the Center for more information or to have an application emailed to you.